Personal Injury & Accidental Death Lawyers in Gwinnett County Provide Personal Service to Injured Individuals
Our Buford lawyers know how to handle insurance carriers
If your injury is the result of another person’s careless, reckless or illegal behavior, Georgia law gives you the right to hold that party liable for the consequences of his or her actions. At McGarity and Efstration, we understand that your focus must be on recovering and trying to regain your health. Let us concentrate on fighting with the insurance companies and other parties liable to pay for your damages. We use every resource available to recover as much as we can for you.
Comprehensive services for a variety of personal injury matters
Our attorneys have experience in guiding accident victims through difficult times. We are proficient in dealing with insurance companies to obtain a positive result for you. We provide you top-quality representation in the following types of accident injuries:
- Brain and head injuries. Serious brain injuries are devastating. Our brains control all of our functions, from movement and higher thought to emotion and personality, so traumatic brain injuries can leave the victim permanently disabled. Head injuries that do not include the brain also can be severe.
- Neck and head injuries. The neck is a relatively exposed and unprotected area of the body, so it is particularly vulnerable to potentially serious injuries caused by a blunt trauma compression injury and sudden extreme movement of the head. Neck injuries are often associated with head injuries and are commonly caused by motor vehicle accidents, sports-associated trauma, falls from significant heights, diving into shallow water, physical fights and other types of trauma.
- Spinal injuries. Trauma to the spinal cord can cause permanent disability or loss of movement and sensation below the area where the injury occurs. This loss of movement is called paralysis. Medical bills associated with spinal injuries can be overwhelming.
- Burn injuries. Common causes of burn injuries include heat, electricity, chemicals, radiation or friction. Whether you have a first-degree or fourth-degree burn, your medical expenses can be extensive.
- Slip-and-fall injuries. When you slip and fall, it is common to injure your hands, elbows, shoulders or wrists trying to catch yourself. If you trip, you may sprain or fracture your ankles, knees or hips. These injuries can be painful and involve costly medical expenses. Georgia’s premises liability laws allow you to seek financial recovery from negligent property owners.
- Dog bites. When a dog attacks a person, especially a child, the consequences can be severe. Common injuries associated with dog bites include contraction of a disease, permanent scarring, disfigurement and emotional trauma.
- Defective products. If you are injured by a defective product or due to a failure to warn of dangers associated with the item, we can help you determine who is liable for your injuries. Examples of parties that may be responsible include designers, manufacturers, suppliers, marketers or repairers of the consumer product.
When you are injured or a loved one suffers wrongful death due to the negligence of another party, our attorneys are ready to help. We closely monitor your recovery, and when the time is right, we either make a claim or file a lawsuit on your behalf. Our goal is to obtain every penny due to you.
Recovering your losses — and restoring your life
Personal injury losses extend way beyond the cost of a doctor visit. Our attorneys look at the full effect of the accident on your life, including (but not limited to) the following costs:
- Medical bills: Initial visit to a doctor or the emergency room, follow-up visits, and therapy
- Lost wages: The loss of income while you cannot work
- Physical and emotional suffering: The pain of injury, including mental anguish caused by the trauma of the accident and its results
- Permanent disability: The costs of caring for yourself or your family in the event that you can no longer handle the responsibilities of everyday life
- Disfigurement: The affects that permanent scars and other disfigurement will have on your life
- Punitive damages: Additional damages if it is found that the negligent party has acted with malice or disregard for the law
Our goal is to maximize the amount you recover for these and any other compensable losses.
How our experienced Buford injury lawyers can help
Our attorneys have dealt with hundreds of these types of cases with very successful results for clients. We handle all aspects of your personal injury claim:
- First and foremost, we treat you with compassion. We listen to your situation to learn not only what has happened, but also what affects the accident has had on you and your family.
- We help protect evidence. This is critical in establishing negligence in court. Evidence can be easily lost or destroyed, so it is very important to preserve evidence relevant to your case.
- We deal with difficult and heavy-handed insurance companies and their veteran claims adjusters. We have represented several major insurance companies, so we understand both sides of these complex cases.
- We make sure your case is handled within the legal time limits and according to all local legal requirements.
- We go to court well prepared to fight hard for you. Take a look at our client testimonials to see how satisfied our clients have been with our service.
Of course, you need to seek medical attention first, but you also need to get legal representation quickly to protect your rights and get all compensation you deserve.
Arrange a free initial consultation in Buford for your personal injury matter
If you have suffered an accident-related injury, the lawyers at McGarity and Efstration have the skill and experience you want in an attorney. Contact us at 877.851.4261 or online to schedule your appointment. If you cannot meet at either of our offices in Buford or Braselton, Georgia, we can travel to the hospital or your home to confer with you.