Buford Personal Injury Law Firm Handles Cases Involving Negligence
Fighting for your right to recover for the damages you’ve suffered
If you have been injured as the result of another party’s negligence, the assistance of an experienced personal injury attorney can make all the difference in the outcome of your situation. At McGarity and Efstration, we know how overwhelming and stressful it can be to miss work due to an injury while you’re facing costly medical bills. We fight for you to receive full and fair compensation to help you get your life back on track after your accident.
Our lawyers are available to answer your questions about negligence
You may understand what it means for a person to be negligent, but do you know how it applies to your individual circumstances under the law? Most people come to us with numerous questions about their injury. Common questions our legal team can answer include:
Our attorneys at McGarity and Efstration clearly can explain the law and how it applies to you and give you advice on the best strategy for seeking compensation for your accident-related injuries.
What remedies can you recover in a negligence lawsuit?
An injury resulting from an accident can impact your entire life. We look at every cost associated with your injury and seek compensation on your behalf from the negligent party or the applicable insurance carrier. Examples of monetary damages often resulting from an injury are:
- Medical bills. This includes ambulance expenses, emergency room costs, follow-up doctor visits and therapy or rehabilitation expenses.
- Lost wages. This covers the income you lose while you cannot work due to your injury.
- Physical and emotional suffering. You can recover for the pain associated with your injury, including mental anguish.
- Permanent disability. If your injury results in you no longer being capable of handling the responsibilities of your daily life, you can seek to recover the costs of caring for yourself or your family.
- Punitive damages. Additional damages may be awarded if it is found that the negligent party acted with malice or disregard for the law.
When experience and intelligence matter, we are ready to help
If you have been injured by another party’s negligence, we monitor your recovery, and when the time is right, we file your claim, begin negotiations or proceed with filing a lawsuit. We have years of experience dealing with insurance adjusters and the tactics they use to try to force you to settle for less than what you are truly owed. As skilled personal injury attorneys, we take immediate action to gather your medical records, medical bills and witness statements. We even go to the accident site personally.
Contact a Gwinnett County personal injury attorney to discuss your accident-related injury
When another party’s negligence causes an injury to you, it is important to seek medical attention first and legal representation second. Call McGarity and Efstration at 877.851.4261 to schedule a free initial consultation. You can also contact us online via our website. We protect your rights and work hard to get you the compensation you deserve.