Buford, GA Law Firm Helps Families with Wills, Trusts and Probate
Gwinnett County attorneys assist clients in the estate planning process
McGarity and Efstration, provides a range of estate planning services. We work with Georgia clients to create wills and trusts that help ensure that their property is distributed according to their wishes after they have passed. We also assist Buford-area families with probate, the process of reviewing a will and settling an estate. Our attorneys help clients throughout Gwinnett County and the surrounding areas create thorough estate plans and assist them in navigating the probate process as quickly and smoothly as possible.
Creating a solid estate plan to protect your family and your legacy
It can be difficult to imagine what life will be like for your family once you are gone. It is important to plan for their future while you are still here. Our attorneys strive to reassure you of their financial well-being through the creation of a customized estate plan. An estate plan may involve the use of:
- Wills. A will is the most important estate planning tool — a necessity even for those with small estates or complex trusts. We draft wills that clearly state your preferences concerning the distribution of your assets after your death. Without a will, a decedent’s property passes to their descendants according to Georgia law, a process that often differs greatly from our clients’ preferences.
- Trusts. For clients who want a greater level of control, we assist in the creation of trusts. Trusts allow your investments to continue to generate income. We design trusts that are flexible enough to accommodate situations that may arise in the future. Additionally, many of our clients choose to create trusts so their families can bypass the probate process.
- Charitable giving. Many clients wish to create special provisions in their wills or trusts to leave assets to organizations that they supported during their life. Our attorneys have experience helping clients achieve their charitable planning goals.
Understanding the Georgia probate process
When someone passes away, his or her estate needs to be settled. This is typically done through the probate process. We work with an estate’s personal representative or executor to:
- Collect assets and have them appraised
- Sell assets to pay debts and taxes
- Distribute the remaining property
Our attorneys know how hard it is to lose someone you love, so we do everything in our power to lessen the additional stress of the probate process. Our attorneys help Buford-area clients carry out these procedures efficiently so that the estate can be closed and the representative can be discharged from their duty. When possible, we seek to help our clients avoid the probate process with the approval of a court.
Trust our Buford attorneys when you need help with wills, trusts or probate
When it comes to estate planning, you need an attorney who can work with your family from start to finish. At McGarity and Efstration, we help clients draft wills and create trusts. When the time comes, we assist families in settling estates. To schedule a consultation with a Gwinnett County wills and probate attorney, contact us online or call us at 877.851.4261.